Patch Notes (M2TW)
Released 15 December 2006
- Fix crash in Deathtrack MP map with empty Team 3 slot
- Fixed Battle AI - armies not engaging enemies at close range.
- Fixed CTD when client attempts to join game that the host is ending.
- Fixed instances when A.I is passive on the campaign map and lets the user win on a campaign battle when stuck in-front of open gates.
- Fixed loop between the windows for 'Possible Connection Problems' and 'Really Quit?'
- Fixed AI: Calvary not charging a spearmen army in a Custom Battle.
- Fixed cavalry not attacking - instances when AI sieges a town with infantry and Calvary, if the infantry die and rout and the player still holds the city, the cavalry do not attack nor rout.
- Fixed passive Siege Attack AI
- Fixed Timurids crash (related to elephant artillery not having enough riders, CTD when trying to shoot)
- Fixed Siege Attack AI trying to attack the back of settlements.
- Fixed Passive attack AI
- Fixed Cavalry charge consistency and power. (Still raise and lower lances occasionally)
- Added ModTool Unpacker
- Fixed Crash - Auto resolving a siege battle on Gaza and repeatedly Right - Clicking the settlement
- Fixed Merchant Resource value dropping after load/save
- Fixed CTD caused by Turks AI
- Fixed Cavalry not flanking spear walls
- Fixed AI not crossing river to attack (River Jordan)
- Reduced the effect of morale - enemy AI does not rout so easily
- Reduced the power of inquisitors
- Fixed 'move to point' crash
- MP Multinational support
- Fixed Cavalry sallying out and not attacking (bunching at corner of settlement)
Medium Level Fixes
- Fix construction crash when converting settlements when buildings relating to initial settlement existed in construction queue.
- Fixed Settlement still showing as under siege even though sieging army had been defeated.
- Fixed repeating missions
- Fixed indecisive infantry / broken formation (when ordered to a location they would head in the wrong direction first)
- Fixed being able to open gates with siege towers or embed them in walls
- Fixed victory video not always appearing
- Diplomacy - AI no longer counters an open proposition with a gift.
- Fixed deployment lines being rendered incorrectly around ambient buildings
- Fixed Enemy units remain stationary with flags flashing when ladders are thrown off a destroyed wall in a siege.
- Fixed the carroccio standard not fitting through gates
- Fixed gunpowder units being stuck reforming
- Fixed trebuchets disappearing and reappearing when zooming
- Tweaked morale system
- Partially fixed units moving through settlement buildings.
- Units now check if destination is in a building or not.
- Enabled command-line switch to allow unlimited soldiers (removes message)
- Fixed MP player-names being lost on battle results screen if they quit the battle early
- Fixed the ability for a user to 'buff' their assassin experience by continually assassinating different captains
- Fix difficulty level in MP (Affects Morale). Previously defaulting to Normal.
- Fix lobby tooltip that showed incorrect unit sizes.
- Fix Florins display during diplomacy
- Fix Money field looping into negative/positive value when removing / adding money
- Fix overlapping and incorrectly sized deployment zones
- Fixed cut-off graphics in civil disorder message
- Fixed unclear 'Start Diplomacy' button functionality
- Fixed MP Admit Defeat button functionality
- Fixed missions showing as expired even though they have been completed
- Fixed mouse-overs showing incorrect diplomatic information
- Fixed minor FE Historical Battle error (shield remaining highlighted)
- Fixed MP team chat - colours now match recipient and sender.
- Fixed minor audio issue - Audio: Campaign Map when an English Spy is ordered to join an English army he triggers two "Joins_Army" speeches.
- Fixed minor audio issue - Campaign Map when an English Merchant is ordered to disembark a boat, two "Movement_Disembark" speeches are triggered.
- Fixed Mine income
- Fixed MP ignore/ban toggle permanently banning player from chat
- Fixed - Making an offer gives a blank scroll on the Diplomacy Scroll, but removing the offer gives the player help text
- Fixed Mouse Cursor not updating when over certain parts of the UI.
- Fixed miscalculation of some naval unit movement points.
- Fixed units not leaving an army when ordered to abandon it.
- Fixed 'Possible Connection Problems' message not appearing if user alt-tabs
- Fixed On campaign map, castles appear under 'town' or 'city' title on UI
- Fixed Reinforcements box remains greyed when the user deselects 'Attempt a night battle'
- Fixed double speed on units that should only go at one speed.
- Fixed Stakes not appearing correctly in weather conditions
- Fixed non-functional help button on ransom scrolls
- Fixed intro movies playing at x3 speed in Historical battles
- Fixed transfer army functionality - When transferring men the transfer resets after viewing the description
- Fixed Gunpowder units running forward when given targets.
- Fixed clumping units when they are told to do a 180 degree turn
- Fixed stuck Camera issues
- Fixed Fleeing units rallying at breached walls or gates of settlements they are attacking when they should not
Released 4 May 2007
Primary features for Update 2:
1) The Launcher
2) Cinematic Editor
3) Battle Editor (now fully functional)
- Units do not clump together when told to complete a 180 degree turn.
- Janissary Musketeers now fire consistently.
- Enemy AI army formations in bridge battles now allow their own artillery to fire.
- Enemy cannons do not fire at unbreakable walls.
- Grouped archers out of ammo will attack enemy units in melee combat when ordered to do so.
- AI does not deploy outside of enemy gates.
- When defending an enemy settlement with multiple exits, taking your army out of the side/back door does not make it easier to defeat the enemy.
- Siege AI is not passive.
- Cavalry can now charge a spearman army.
- General's bodyguard unit now marches correctly outside castles.
- AI now effectively assaults 2nd tier of a Fortress.
- Sallying AI army now reacts properly to being assaulted from 2 sides
- Attacking Siege AI concentrates on taking the settlement rather than chasing down units outside the settlement.
- Generals are now more effective at chasing down routing units.
- Enemy AI reacts to being bombarded with Trebuchets while inside a settlement.
- Siege AI now more difficult to defeat if player places missile units outside the walls.
- AI controls it units more effectively in a Citadel
- AI artillery more decisive in its positioning
- Remaining AI army now advances to use siege equipment
- AI Cavalry can now flank a Spear Wall
- AI now responds to missiles when sieging settlements
- AI now crosses bridges to attack
- AI responds more quickly to gates that have been opened by Spies (while sieging).
- Units do not break formation when chasing routers
- Enemy AI effectively attacks when player's units in a settlement square
- Enemy AI now utilises spare rams
- Improved enemy AI response to stakes
- Shortened Siege attack timers
- Enemy AI will no-longer send out General's bodyguard on a suicide mission while defending
- Improved responses to monetary offers
- Bribery attempts do not always fail after an unsuccessful first attempt
- Diplomatic 'Just Rejected' response no-longer to 'Not Interested' response to counter-offer, no matter how generous
- Aztecs now appear in the correct year (for diplomacy actions)
- Generals in a Crusade do not get inquisition
- Improved diplomacy mechanic - AI Factions now stick with alliances and/or attack 'more intelligently'
- Soft-locks in MP Lobby no-longer occur
- Host random hangs fixed
- Resolved issue with client CTD when host ends game that client is joining
- Auto-resolve Siege battle hangs fixed
- Siege tower catching fire no-longer causes random hangs
- Random hangs after loading Campaign save game
- Battering Rams no-longer stuck in gates
- Ship movement area fixed
- Ram crew no-longer stuck between rams
- Northern European Castle terrain fixed to allow docking of towers
- Improved use of ladders
- Southern European Fortress wall fixed to allow docking of towers
- Improved the way units use Way-points
- Siege of Setenil slow-down tweaked
- Units no-longer become stuck on canyon walls on 'Canyon' map
- Units do not ascend/descend invisible ladders
- Units do not get stuck on Siege towers
- Cavalry pathfinding improved when sallying out from a Fortress
- Bridge battle pathfinding improved (units do not constantly reform)
- Citadel and Fortress paths fixed so that units can avoid assaulting inner walls
- Breach pathfinding tweaked
- Enemy spearmen do not charge with raised spears
- 2H axemen attack tweaked, inc. Attacking Cavalry
- Defending units can no-longer enter a siege tower as soon as it docks with the walls
- Mouse Cursor position now updates when scrolling with the arrow keys.
- Assassination exploit fixed.
- Mission "Reinforce Region" now functions correctly
- Attacking an enemy army from inside a sieged settlement no-longer causes the enemy to lose all built siege equipment
- Fixed two family members (brothers) with the exact same name
- Rudder event now triggers at the correct time
- When an enemy sallies and is defeated you no-longer have to wait for the timer to run out in-order to win.
- Assassin mechanics tweaked
- Mercenary recruitment tweaked
- Diplomatic Information scroll updates correctly.
- Online replays now match
- Slowdown fixed on Desert Sanctuary
- Metallic Resource now support Mines
- Cavalry charges do not fail when charging skirmishing/moving units or if a knight is out of position
- Units can now withdraw on the Eifel Mountains Battle Map
- Construction queue exploits fixed
- The carroccio standard can now fit through the gate on a sally out battle.
- Southern European > Fortress: routing Enemy AI now leaving the map
- Printing press event triggers at the correct time
- Ladder docking/undocking tweaked
- Faction standings tweaked
- Priests no-longer convert to heretics if travelling on a fleet
- Hotseat Game-mode added
- Upper limit added on how long units stay in loose formation for.
- Traits/VnV triggers tweaked
- Camera height does not drop under bridge in River Po Custom Battle map.
- Camera does not drop below water's surface in Palm Beach, Andalusia and Italian Wars map/scenarios.
- Camera does not show the underneath of a bridge when General is killed on the bridge
- Drag Deploy functionality tweaked
- RTS camera functionality tweaked
- Princess character now greyed out upon death on Family tree
- Venice battlemap ambient building placement tweaked
- Fixed issue with trees disappearing when panning camera
- Added paths to doorways in Southern European Large City
- Added paths to doorways in Southern European City
- Fixed minor lighting issue in Southern European City
- Fixed misaligned platforms in Southern European Large Town
- Tweaked Crusade Army banner
- Fixed texture gaps and unwelded verts on Middle Eastern Huge City buildings.
- Fixed incorrect Tower Path in Mesoamerican City
- Fixed path through wall in Mesoamerican City Wall
- Fixed floating buildings above the battle map in Aztec Gold Scenario
- Fixed floating spikes in Mountain Redoubt scenario
- Added correct image for Paladin ancillary
- Fixed grey reinforcement area that states that 'This army cannot fight in night battles' even though the current battle is not a night battle.
- Added correct image for Aztec Rebel - Native Archer
- Added correct image for Aztec Spearmen
- Fixed floating torches in SE Citadel courtyard
- Garrison quarters no-longer change to Town Guard when in Construction queue
- Armoury building image in construction queue no-longer changes to an armoury
- Fixed issue with Trebuchets sometimes disappearing when zooming in close
- Fixed maps have the winter option but don't have winter texture on the battle map
- Night attack selection tick and reinforcements do not disappear if user selects night attack option and then views enemy army details.
- Fixed officers not animating while riding
- Removed trees in the water in The Battle of Otumba.
- Units can no-longer be deployed on inaccessible sections of wall
- Fixed deployment issues with Southern European Wooden Castle on either side of the main gate.
- Units no-longer deployable in buildings in Mesoamerican City
- Ballista collision improved
- Southern European Citadel gate collision improved
- Middle Eastern Gatehouse collision improved
- Issues with units getting pushed into areas that can't be deployed into.
Battle Editor/Cinematic Editor
- Numerous issues with both editors fixed and improved so that they can be released for public use.
- Mission scroll hotkey added
- Financial Details hotkey functionality and tooltip added
- Reveal/Advance advice hotkey functionality added
- Battle Tutorial Dismiss advice functionality added
- Magnifying glass added to Disaster Strikes scroll
- Princess appears correctly on family tree
- Chat Window errors fixed
- Family Tragedy scroll triggered correctly
- Console text appearance tweaked
- Now possible to launch game from autorun launcher
- Fine Grain time control added (accessible by holding Shift and clicking + and - on battle UI)
- Loading saved game of the same turn no-longer allows user to keep both allies when they declare war
- Russian and Czech autosave fixed
- Movement_Embark speech now triggered correctly
- Allies breaking through gates of citadel now triggers correct speech
- Battle ending in draw when timer runs out now triggers correct speech
- Campaign Map interface sounds added
- End Turn sound now fades out nicely
- Win/Lose music is now representative of the Faction
- Enemy King killed speech now triggered
- Enemy Reinforcements arrive speech now triggered correctly
- Player Army Tired Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
- Player Army Half Gone Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
- Enemy Army Half Gone Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
- Player Under Attack Idle Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
- Player Winning Combat Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
- Player Losing Combat Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
- Leaves Fleet speech now triggered correctly.
- Player Tide Of Battle Up Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
- Player Tide Of Battle Down Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
- Muslim Enemy General Killed Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
- Christian Enemy General Killed Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
- Allied General Captured Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
- The "spy infiltrated our settlement" audio/speech is now played when "Start battle" is pressed during cutscene
- Correct region music plays when loading a saved campaign game.
- Added sound trigger for planting archer stakes in ground.
- Clicked-on characters on the Campaign Map no-longer stack their audio response if clicked multiple times.
- In the Historical battles, Battle of Otumba and the Battle of Hastings the music speeds up when you attack
- Other minor audio tweaks also carried out.
- Minor grammar/spelling errors fixed
Edit: We have received word that the Shield issue WILL be addressed in update 2. :-)
Released 4 September 2007
Medieval II: Total War v1.3 contains the following changes:
Core Medieval II settlement data updated to function correctly with Medieval II: Kingdoms.
Fixes some instances of floating settlements in Medieval II: TW and Medieval II: Kingdoms.
Updates version number to 1.3
Released 9 April 2008
The official update for Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms includes the following fixes:
- Forts in the Crusades campaign are now made of stone.
- Fixed various units having incorrect shield values.
- Fixed a number of inconsistencies between units’ speech and their unit cards.
- Fixed deployment zones being in unreachable locations on some river crossings and bridge battles.
- Byzantine Gunners are now available to be recruited in the Crusades campaign.
- Denmark now has Norwegian units available to them when the Kalmar Union is formed.
- The Kingdom of Jerusalem can now construct King’s Stables.
- Byzantine can now construct a Marksmanship Range.
- Mangonels can now be constructed at Siege Works in the Teutonic campaign.
- Swordsmiths’ Guild Headquarters now gives the correct bonus to Knights trained in the Crusades campaign.
- Fixed Lithuanian Arquebusiers firing too frequently.
- Fixed various units having incorrect banners on the battle map.
- Fixed exploit that allowed certain characters’ stats to be raised by repeatedly saving the game.
- New Faction Leaders in the Teutonic campaign now have the correct model.
- Crusading Nobles can no longer become the Faction Leader in the Teutonic campaign.
- Fixed Wales not receiving reinforcements when capturing bordering English settlements.
- Requirements of various Apachean units have been reduced allowing them to be more easily obtained.
- Fixed the Norwegian banners displaying the Novgorod symbol when out of fog of war.
- The Baron’s Alliance no longer re-emerges after taking control of England.
- Assassination missions targeting Crusading Nobles no longer expire when they are successfully carried out.
- Dead wives no longer produce children in the Crusades campaign.
- Faction heirs in the Americas campaign have had their loyalty increased to fix them rebelling early in the game.
- Players no longer receive incorrect event messages in hotseat games.
- Unique models on characters are removed when they change faction.
- Fixed the family tree disappearing when a princess is married to General who becomes the Faction Leader.
- Fixed Scottish family tree in the Britannia campaign.
- Fixed soft-lock that occurred with multiple armies on the battle map.
- Fixed crash that occurred when disbanding a unit whilst merging two armies.
- Crash after auto-resolving a siege battle from a hotseat save game no longer occurs.
- Crash that occurred when loading a battle from the campaign map edge no longer occurs.
- Kingdoms no longer crashes when playing battles after unpacking the game's data.
- Fixed unique unit recruitment in the Crusades campaign.
- Small black rectangles no longer appear on the campaign map.
- Improved siege auto-resolve for the Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.
- Various localisation fixes.
There are also a number of miscellaneous fixes and balance tweaks included.