Total War ROME II: Patch 16
Technical and performance improvements
- Fixed a rare projectile crash in battles.
Campaign AI improvements
- Adjustment to Campaign AI to force factions that have just become known / discovered to take on the current attitude towards the player, rather than be neutral.
General battle improvements
- Fixed bug with Celtic Linothorax armour on units in battle.
- Fixed misaligned settlement walls in Tigranocerta city battle map.
- Stopped infantry user triggering "riders into wedge" voiceover during battles.
- Armies moving from a settlement will no longer trigger "move completed" dialogue lines before their move has begun.
- Armenia can no longer use large onagers when defending in a custom siege battles.
General Campaign improvements
- Fixes for seasonal effects and adjustments to income types and amounts from buildings in the campaign so subsistence is more favoured.
- Diplomatic scores have been lowered in general, and It is now harder to make client states.
- Factions are now listed in 2 columns in the Custom Battle and Multiplayer *Lobbies, to prevent the faction list going off the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed a Roman minor port coastal battle map, where units could disembark on an out-crop of land at the edge of the map, and therefore would get stuck and no longer be able to fight the navies in the battle.
- Fix for broken deployment area on port tile near the Dolmens in France.
- Faction Trait Icons fix - adjust to newer Emperor Edition colour scheme.
- Increased armour of Foot Companions.
- Increased melee attack of Thracian Slingers, Bowmen, Skirmishers.
- Increased charge bonus of Carthaginian Noble Cavalry.
- Increased damage of longbows but reduced reload rate.
- Increased health of First Cohort and Eagle Cohort.
- Removed square from noble Spearmen and Persian Hoplites.
- Increased range of Nubian Bowmen to 150.
- Increased the health, attack and melee defence of Egyptian Cavalry.
- Increased the health of Thureos Spears by 5.
- Karian Axemen ranged weapon swapped for the same javelins as used by Thureos Spears.
- Increased the attack, armour and health of Mercenary Leopard Warriors.
- Increased the morale and armour of Camel Spearmen.
- Increased the morale of Camel Archers.
- Attack and charge bonus increased for Agrianian Axemen.
- Increased the armour of Thessalian Cavalry.
- Changed weapon of Hippeus Lancers so they do more damage.
- Increased the morale and health of Elite Persian Archers.
- Increased the armour, charge and melee defence of Etruscan Hoplites.
- Increased the morale of Light Hoplites.
- Increased the health of Heroes of Sparta.
- Increased the range of Gallic Hunters.
- Increased the health of Celtic Skirmishers.
- Increased the melee attack, charge bonus and melee defence of Celtiberian Cavalry.
- Increased the melee attack and charge bonus of Iberian Noble Cavalry
- Cantabrian Cavalry have been given higher damage javelins..
- Increased the armour of Veteran Riders.
- Increased the hit points of Horse Runners.
- Increased the armour of Bloodsworn.
- Increased the armour and morale of Spear Wall.
- Increased the morale and melee defence of Night Hunters.
- Increased the melee attack and melee defence of Fierce Swords.
- Increased the range of Dacian Heavy Bowmen.
- Increased the health and melee attack of Dacian Heavy Skirmishers.
- Increased the armour of Thracian Peltasts.
- Increased the morale of Thracian Warriors.
- Increased the health of Tribal Warriors and reduced speed.
- Increased the morale and melee defence of Illyrian Cavalry.
- Increased the morale of Parthian Foot Archers.
- Swapped the shield type of Scythian Royal Skirmishers and Sarmatian Horsemen to one with more armour.
- Increased armour and health of Sarmatian Royal Lancers.
- Reduced the mass of chariots.
- Increased the mass of elephants.
- Increased the attack of Briton Scout Riders to 38*
- Decreased the attack of Hastati to 35
Unit Abilities and Attributes
- Added hoplite wall to Persian Hoplites.
- Rapid Advance for Gorgo's Skirmishers replaced with Rapid Reload.
- Added Frenzied Charge to Mighty Horse.
- Added Frenzied Charge to Illyrian Cavalry.
- Added Hoplite Wall for Noble Spearmen.
- Added Drago to Saka Noble Armoured Lancers.
- All camel units have gained the resistant to fatigue attribute.
Unit Costs and Caps
- Thureos Hoplites cost decreased to 600.
- Illyrian Thureos Spears cost increased to 380.
- Iberian Swordsmen cost increased to 350.
- Thureos Spears cost increased to 560.
- Riders of the Hunt cost decreased to 570.
- (Mercenary) Rhodian Slingers cost decrease to 590.
- Evocati Cohort cost increased to 890.
- Triarii cost decreased to 790.
- Steppe Archers cost increased to 330
- Nubian Bowmen, Hippeus Lancers, Dacian Heavy Bowmen, Mercenary Thracian *Warriors and Illyrian Cavalry cost increased
- Steppe Archers cost increased to 330
- Egyptian cavalry increased to 600.
- Celtic Warhounds cost reduced by 50
- Increased the custom/multiplayer battle cap of Mercenary Axe Warriors to 4.
- Mercenary Thracian Warriors added to custom/multiplayer battle roster for *Macedon and Athens.
- Mercenary Samnite Warriors added to custom/multiplayer battle roster for Epirus.
- Mercenary Italian Cavalry added to custom/multiplayer battle roster for Syracuse.
- Mercenary Cappadocian Cavalry, Mercenary Skirmisher Cavalry and Mercenary *Syrian Archers added to custom/multiplayer roster for Galatia.
- Mercenary Germanic Scout Riders added to custom/multiplayer battle roster for Nervii.
- Mercenary Veteran Hoplites added to custom/multiplayer battle roster for the Odrysian Kingdom.
- Factional mercenaries for Tylis swapped from Dacian to Celtic units in campaign mode.
- Mercenary Tarantine Cavalry added to custom/multiplayer roster for Ardiaei.
- Cappadocian Cavalry added to campaign and battle roster for Pontus.
- Mercenary Naked Swords added to custom/multiplayer battle roster for Pontus.
- Mercenary Amazonian Riders added to custom/multiplayer battle roster for *Roxolani and Massagetae.