Official CA modding tips and tutorials
In May 2012, The Creative Assembly released TEd, the tool used internally to create battlefield environments in Total War: Shogun 2. In September 2012, CA also unveiled a brand new suite of tools: the Assembly Kit for Shogun 2.
This kit includes the following:
- DAVe database tool
- Unit Editor for changing the look for units
- Tooldatabuilder for unpacking
- Campaign map reprocessing
- Max export scripts for models
- Example Max files for most model types
- BoB processing tool, also capable of building mod packs
- Documentation (see below)
The Creative Assembly has also announced full Steam Workshop integration for Total War: Shogun 2, allowing users to create and upload their own Shogun 2 mods, or simply explore existing mods made by the community.
Ultimately, this section of the Wiki will include tips and tutorials from The Creative Assembly which the modding community can use as a resource for learning to use these tools.
We also hope to conduct polls on what questions the community would like answering, and ultimately build a thriving modding community through the wiki.
We also have a community resources section where the community can share modding tips and tutorials they've created themselves.